The third annual Tempus Young Entrepreneurs Conference will be held March 20th & 21st, 2015 in Kimberton, PA. Last year, Tempus attracted over 145 participants from schools and colleges around the east coast, and sponsors are aiming at 200 this year.
The theme for 2015 is Stepping Stones to Entrepreneurship, what it takes to start and run a successful entrepreneurial business, either for-profit or non-profit that meets the Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Prosperity. Workshops will be given on topics such as:
• Characteristics of an entrepreneur
• Getting your company right: Name, Legal Status, Profit/NFP
• Your marketing/sales plan, finding your target market, branding
• Support for social entrepreneurs: Organizations, coaches, mentors, advisors, boards
• Financials: finding funding, income, cash flow, financial reports
• Operations and management: Choosing colleagues/employees, leadership
• Networking for Success
• Pitching Practice – refining your elevator speech
There will also be workshops on different sectors of the entrepreneurial space: International / Global Sector / Technology Sector / Media and the Arts / Energy/Environmental Sectors / Food Sector
Tempus is sponsored by RSF Social Finance, National Penn Bank, and others. Cost for the entire conference, including breakfast and lunch on Saturday, is only $20.